This is the short version, read below for full terms.
- You (or a friend, family member, or business contact) must hold a Paypal Account that can receive money;
- No spamming / unsolicited emailing / intrusive marketing / blog comment spamming / forum thread spamming. When posting on third party websites you absolutely must abide by their webmaster rules;
- You may link to Chinavasion from multiple websites, but only if none of the sites violates any applicable law, regulation, intellectual property rights, or third-party rights. Pages linking to Chinavasion or sites associated with your affiliate links must not encourage illegal activity or racism, or contain adult or other distasteful content;
- You cannot bid on the word "chinavasion" in PPC campaigns;
- When you create sites for affiliate links to Chinavasion, you are not permitted to use the name "Chinavasion" in any variants within your domain name or URLs, or otherwise use Chinavasion logos etc to create the impression you are an official spokesperson for Chinavasion;
- Usage rights for Chinavasion product pictures and descriptions is strictly limited to your Affiliate promotional activities or your activities re-selling these products;
- You have to be over 18 years of age to participate;
- You may not use false representation or misleading claims about Chinavasion’s products or services to encourage customers to follow your links. Chinavasion reserves the right to review and if necessary disallow the contents of affiliates’ ads;
- You are solely responsible for complying with the law where you are living and doing business; you are solely responsible for your taxes and declaring any income you receive from this Affiliates Program;
- You may not use your affiliate links to get money back on stuff you personally buy at Chinavasion.com – any such commission generated may be cancelled at our discretion.
By signing up free for a Chinavasion Affiliate Account you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions. Please review the General Agreement and supplementary notes carefully.
The Chinavasion Affiliate Account service agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd. (“Chinavasion”), and you, as the registrant in the Chinavasion Affiliate Program (“You”, “Your”, “Affiliate”). When signing up as an Affiliate of Chinavasion, and throughout the duration of your Affiliate Account, You agree to abide by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. By registering for Your Chinavasion Affiliate Account, you are indicating that you accept these terms and conditions. If You do not accept the terms and conditions of the Agreement, do not sign up for the Chinavasion Affiliate Program. All content on the Chinavasion.com site is copyrighted material and copyright violations will be treated seriously. The entire text of this Agreement is copyright.
Terms of the Agreement
The term of this Agreement will begin upon the online submission success of your Chinavasion Affiliate signup form, and will end when terminated by either party. Either You or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, by giving the other party written notice (Chinavasion will use your email address as provided on signup). If the Agreement is terminated, You agree to remove all material related to Chinavasion from your websites or as far as possible from other media which you have previously used in your affiliate promotional activities. Even if some of your affiliate links remain, You are only eligible to earn commissions on sales that occurred during the term of this Agreement (up to and including the date of termination).
Joining the Chinavasion Affilate Program
You may create a Chinavasion Affiliate Account automatically by signing into our Affiliates website using your existing Chinavasion.com Online Shop login details.
Eligibility: You must meet the following conditions to be able to join Chinavasion’s Affiliates Program –
- You are the holder of a Paypal account into which we can pay affiliate commissions (which depends on where you live or hold a bank account);
- You are aged 18 or over;
- You are not already signed up as a Chinavasion Affiliate on another account, or have not at any time in the past held an account which was closed by Chinavasion;
- You have not already been requested to cease public activities relating to the marketing of Chinavasion’s products and services.
You may not reassign your Chinavasion Affiliate Account to the ownership or management of another person, unless this is authorised by Chinavasion in advance. If you change the payment Paypal address on your account to that of a different person, we may withhold payment while we query this with you, for security reasons.
Cancellation of Your Chinavasion Affiliate Account
When using the online signup form, your account is automatically created. However, Chinavasion may cancel your account at their sole discretion. We will notify you if your Chinavasion Affiliate Account is being cancelled, and give you an opportunity for discussion. Reasons for cancellation include but are not limited to the following:
- You provided false information in your account signup;
- You are or have been, in Chinavasion’s opinion, contravening the terms and conditions of a Chinavasion Wholesale Buyer Account owned or administered by You.
- You hold a Chinavasion Buyer Account which is in debit because of completed orders which are unpaid for example due to chargebacks or Paypal disputes;
- You do not hold a Paypal account or your Paypal account cannot receive money;
- You are or have been promoting or referring to Chinavasion in a negative light or through inappropriate or unethical methods (see “Promoting Chinavasion” below);
- Your account has been inactive for a long time and no commission earnings are outstanding.
Chinavasion may terminate this Agreement for any reason, at any time. The terms of this Agreement and our acceptance criteria are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
You may terminate your Account and this Agreement at any time by writing to Chinavasion using the Affiliate Ticket submission.
We disclaim all liability for the media content created or published by you in the course of your activities romoting Chinavasion’s products or services, and for any statements made by you in this regard. Further, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from all claims, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) relating to the development, operation, maintenance, and contents of your affiliate promotion activities.
The following are examples of ways to promote Chinavasion in an acceptable way provided other standards outlined in this document are adhered to:
- promoting Chinavasion’s products and services through your own dedicated websites or ebooks using your content to which you hold the copyright;
- promoting Chinavasion’s products and services through your own existing websites on related themes such as electronics, gadgets, wholesale and wholesalers, drop-shipping, auctions, gifts, China business, business-to-business, import / export and trade, product reviews, technology, and affiliate programs;
- promoting Chinavasion’s products and services through third party websites such as blogs, newsgroups, forums, online classified advertising sites, and article directories where your involvement is explicitly permitted and invited by the owners of the website, and where your comments or submissions are useful and relevant to that website and its user community;
- promoting Chinavasion’s products and services through emails to people who have explicitly agreed to receive messages from you on Chinavasion-related themes (see example themes above);
- promoting Chinavasion’s products and services through online advertising channels (such as pay-per-click, pay-per-impression, pay-per-(time period) banners, and text links) provided the context is appropriate (see below);
- promoting Chinavasion’s products and services in offline media such as print publications, provided the context is appropriate (see below);
You may NOT promote Chinavasion through the following methods:
- promotion through any media representing yourself, your company, or the promotional medium as officially representing or being part of Chinavasion Wholesale Ltd., including but not limited to using the name “chinavasion” in your company name, domain name, or subdomain address, and further including any very similar names that suggest association with Chinavasion or lead to confusion with the name Chinavasion;
- promotion using false or misleading statements, claims, statistics, prices, or pictures about Chinavasion products and services, including about the Chinavasion Affiliates Program;
- copying and using text and pictures from Chinavasion except where permitted by Chinavasion’s “Content Usage Policy” (see below);
- unsolicited emailing (spam);
- automated (spam-like) posting on other people’s websites including blogs and forums;
- submission to search engines, web directories, social bookmarking sites, or similar using your affiliate link as the URL;
- promotion through any media that condones or encourages illegal activities;
- promotion through any media associated with spamming, viruses, spyware, or adware;
- promotion through any adult-oriented (sexually explicit) media;
- promotion through any media that contains or promotes racism, violence, hate, or intolerant discrimination;
- promotion through any media that includes excessive foul language;
- promotion through any media that is associated with pyramid schemes or similar;
- promotion through any media which contains content that in Chinavasion’s sole judgment is defamatory or arassing to Chinavasion or any third party.
Content Usage Policy for Affiliates:
The following examples are intended as guidelines to what you may re-publish online and offline in order to promote Chinavasion with your affiliate links. This list is not comprehensive and we may contact you to request removal of unacceptable material on your websites or elsewhere. We may also contact webmasters or web hosts to request removal of content placed by you, without contacting you directly. Furthermore you should contact Chinavasion directly if you are unsure about the permissability of statements or content used in your promotional activities, prior to pubslishing that material.
- Using product pictures from Chinavasion.com in providing information about those products and linking to Chinavasion;
- Using product description text from Chinavasion.com in providing information about those products and linking to Chinavasion;
- Quoting sections of text up to 250 words from Chinavasion public documents such as the Chinavasion Knowledgebase (FAQs) and Chinavasion publicity leaflets;
- Using your own photos or videos of Chinavasion products and packaging.
- You may not use the Chinavasion logo on other sites UNLESS it is clear that you are discussing Chinavasion and not representing yourself as Chinavasion or an authorised representative, reseller, or commentator, AND only if the Chinavasion logo links to Chinavasion.
- You may not copy or mimic text, trademarks, logos, or images in order to refer to or mimic Chinavasion’s accreditations from third parties, including but not limited to: Alibaba Gold Supplier; Alibaba TrustPass; Huaxia Credit; ScanAlert / Hacker Safe;
- You may not copy or imitate the design or elements of the Chinavasion.com website including but not limited to: html code; icons and graphics; css styling; category layout; category naming; distinctive features of layout;
- You may not copy or adapt product reviews or customer testimonials from Chinavasion.com
- You may not copy or adapt Chinavasion documents or ebooks including but not limited to: the Chinavasion Import from China Mini-Course; Chinavasion newsletter text; Chinavasion blog posts; text used on the Chinavasion.com main page; text used on Chinavasion.com product category pages and subcategories; the Chinavasion Knowledgebase andother FAQs.
Restrictions above in relation to copying / adapting includes translations into foreign languages.
Logos and trademarks of third parties are used on Chinavasion.com with permission, and you should seek permission before using such text or images yourself.
Calculation of Commissions
The calculation of commissions payable to you is at the sole discretion of Chinavasion and subject to change without prior notice. This is the system by which your affiliate commissions will be calculated:
- When someone clicks through your affiliate link to Chinavasion.com, AND your affiliate cookie is correctly set on their computer, AND within the cookie period that person places an order and pays for the order, AND the order is successfully delivered, AND a period of 16 days has passed since the delivery of the order, your affiliate account will be credited 6% of the total products value of the order. (The shipping fee of the order is not included in the commission calculation.)
- At the second tier: When someone clicks through your affiliate link to Chinavasion.com, AND your affiliate cookie is correctly set on their computer, AND within the cookie period that person successfully signs up as a Chinavasion Affiliate, AND that 2nd tier affiliate successfully refers a sale (as described above), your affiliate account will be credited 1% of the total products value of the order.
Please note the following important conditions:
- The cookie duration is 30 days;
- Chinavasion cannot guarantee that the cookie generated by your affiliate clickthrough will be preserved – users are at liberty to block, delete, or overwrite cookies;
- Commissions cannot and will not be calculated or credited manually;
- If for ANY reason our online system did not credit a particular order to your affiliate ID we cannot and will not credit it to your account manually;
- Commissions are shown in your Affiliate Account on Chinavasion.com before they are actually credited: if the order that was made by your referred buyer is not paid for and delivered, commission will not be paid;
- Commissions initially shown as credited to you from delivered orders may be withdrawn if the order in question changes status due to payment issues (such as a credit card chargeback or Paypal reversal) or item returns;
- Ordering goods for yourself or your dropship customers through your own affiliate link is not allowed. If Chinavasion finds you did this previously, Chinavasion reserves the right to debit any erroneously paid-out amount from any associated affiliate or wholesale buyer account.
- The Affiliates Program is designed for crediting affiliates for referring new buyers, not collecting rebates on your own or close partners’ repeat business. We reserve the right to void any commissions we consider to have been generated by your deliberate cooperation with partners to earn commissions as virtual rebates on their repeat orders. All commissions are reviewed for suspicious patterns before being paid out.
Chinavasion Affiliates are bound by the normal terms and conditions if buying from Chinavasion as a Wholesale Buyer, and Chinavasion undertakes no responsibilities promoting or endorsing your products and services.
Payment of Commissions
Chinavasion will pay you your affiliate commissions based on the following conditions:
- Your commission earned up to and including a calendar month is paid within the first 15 days of the succeeding month;
- All commissions are paid through Paypal ONLY, to the paypal account email address you specified during signup;
- The minimum commission payout is USD 50.00 (e.g. if you have $51 in commissions you will be paid the full $51 through Paypal on the monthly payout day, but if you only have $49 you will have to wait until you go over $50 before you get paid anything at all);
- If payments are unclaimed Chinavasion does not undertake responsibility to contact you as Paypal will already send more than one email reminding you to claim / collect the funds; it is your responsibility to keep your contact information up to date;
- If an unclaimed payment is returned to Chinavasion by Paypal, we will attempt re-payment if you contact us;
- Unclaimed payments over 90 days old will not be paid. If an affiliate commission is accidentally overpaid by Chinavasion, you agree to promptly remit such excess payment upon notification by us. We may withhold further commission payments until the previous overpayment is resolved.
You are wholly responsible for declaring your income from the Chinavasion Affiliate Program to the taxation and legal authorities in your country. Chinavasion undertakes no responsibility in assisting you with financial or legal paperwork relating to your Affiliate Commissions. Chinavasion reserves the right to charge for services providing formal paperwork or other confirmations of your Affiliate Commissions.
You must provide valid contact information to participate in the Chinavasion Affiliates Program. Your contact information will only be used to contact you with information about the Chinavasion affiliate program and Chinavasion. Your information will never be shared with any third parties. Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement or with the consent of the other party, each of the parties agrees that all information, including, without limitation, the terms of this Agreement, business and financial information, customer and vendor lists, and pricing and sales information, concerning us or you, respectively, or any of our affiliates provided by or on behalf of any of them shall remain strictly confidential and shall not be utilized, directly or indirectly, by such party for its own business purposes or for any other purpose except and solely to the extent that any such information is generally known or available to the public through a source or sources other than such party hereto or its affiliates.
Limitation of Liability
We will not be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages, or any loss of revenue, profits or data, arising in connection with this Agreement or the Chinavasion Affiliate Program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this Agreement and the Program will not exceed the total referral fees paid or payable to you under to this Agreement.
Chinavasion makes no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the Chinavasion Affiliate Program or any products sold through the Program (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness, merchantability, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, Chinavasion makes no representation that the operation of the Chinavasion.com website will be uninterrupted or error-free, and Chinavasion will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors; however, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to correct errors or interruptions promptly.
You acknowledge that you have read this agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. You understand that Chinavasion may at any time (directly or indirectly) solicit customer referrals on terms that may differ from those contained in this agreement or operate web sites that are similar to or compete with your web site. You have independently evaluated the desirability of participating in the program and are not relying on any representation, guarantee or statement other than as set forth in this agreement.